Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Happy Valentine's Day

   Saturday night, Rob took me to DaVinci's, a nice Italian restaurant we had never been to.  It was a wonderful evening.  Then on Sunday(actually Valentine's Day), we watched Fireproof, which we had seen last year around this time. I love that movie so much because it is a Christian film with a wonderful message about love and covenantal marriage that is also a good-quality movie.  Personally, I take comfort in the fact that love is not based on feelings, for that is much more secure than having to constantly worry about whether or not I am following my heart.  God wants us to have that security!  I wish that everyone could see this, so that there would not have to be so many broken relationships around us.
“You can’t just follow your heart. Your heart can be deceived.
  You have to lead your heart.”

1 comment:

Megan H said...

That quote us so true- our hearts are easy to decieve. I wish others would believe this, I have met other who believed in following their hearts more than Gid and their lives were very sad and it was quite heartbreaking because they ignored the truth in front of them. ~*~Megan~*~