Saturday, January 30, 2010

I got a new sewing machine!

   I had an older one that my mom got me off of Ebay that was the same model Singer she had bought years before since she had always liked it. I had messed around on it a little in the past, but recently I decided I wanted to start sewing skirts and things. Well, the old sewing machine didn't hold up too well, as it stopped working correctly a few hours into my first project.  So I went with the well-reviewed and inexpensive Singer Simple(also recommended by Martha Steward, if you still needed a clincher...haha).
    I can't say too much about it yet, as the farthest I've gotten has been threading it and beginning to try to figure out how to use the automatic needle-threader.  I have a pattern for a simple A-line skirt I'm going to make. I started making it from a sheet for practice, but it was too small and I'm going to have to go up a size.  I've had this nice blue fabric lying around just waiting to be made into a summer skirt!
    I have to fit sewing time in-between studying time, work time, etc., but I'll be sure to post pictures when it's finished!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I just wanted to thank you so much for the lovely comment that you left on my blog! It was so lovely to hear from you :)
I hope you are having a wonderful day and I hope you're enjoying your new sewing machine! :)
With love,
~Laura