Monday, December 29, 2008

Days 6 & 7 Feelin' Feminine Challenge

Soo...I did wear skirts both yesterday and today, but didn't get pics of either day. And now I'm in my nightgown, so it's too late.

Day 6

I stayed home all day, and it was super warm. We actually beat a record...the hottest for this date since nineteen seventy-something. So I wore a short sleeve tee-shirt(a cute one...haha) and a brown knee-length skirt. I did dusted and cleaned the two bathrooms, played Rock Band, and read. It was a pretty uneventful day.

Day 7

I had an outfit picked out for this morning, but I ended up oversleeping. I woke up at 5 'til 10, and Rob was supposed to pick me up at 10 to go to church. Well, I had to shower and get ready. Then I realized my blouse was missing a button and had to sew one one, which took way longer than it should have(I need to get to work on these homemaking skillz). So we ended up going to the only church we knew of that started at 11. Whoops. Anyway, I ended up wearing the long brown tiered velour skirt with a brown paisley blouse. After church, we went to Bob Evans, played Khet, and went to a park I hadn't been to and talked. Thenn, we did church again, and went to the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Which let me tell you, is one sad movie. It was a pretty good movie, but there were a few unwholesome parts.

As I have said before, wearing skirts has definitely made me feel more feminine and has made me able to feel more fully like the woman of God I am called to be. This, as well as what I am learning about the importance of sharp distinctions between genders, makes me want to continue wearing skirts or dresses each day. I also want to apply the biblical principles I am learning in So Much More to my own life. I pray that the convictions that are godly and biblical will be strengthened, and I also pray that God will keep me humble. At the beginning of the week, wearing the skirts somehow seemed to make me aware of the humility I should feel before God. As the week has progressed, I have recognized the danger of falling into self-righteousness and judgmentalism. I am prone to both, and pray for forgiveness and for protection against it. What is in my heart is the most important thing to God, and I hope that serving and loving others as I am commanded will help keep me from judging them so easily. I have realized that one reason I would be likely to fall out of the habit of wearing skirts or dresses is out of convenience. Simply because I don't have a skirt clean that seems to match anything else I have clean. Therefore, I need to make sure I keep up with my laundry(and I'd like to get a couple more skirts) because having nothing to wear is a terrible reason to stop doing something that I believe strongly in. I would love to talk to young ladies who share my views on these issues, so if you are reading this and would like to have someone to discuss things with, my email address is kalinab@verizon.net. I'm sure I will post more on the topic of femininity, but that is it for my week-long challenge. :-) I did it!

No comments: